RMET General Objectives:
The general objectives of RMET are as follows:
- To create an open , supportive environment that is free from discrimination of children including those in vulnerable social and economic circumstances;
- To support children ‘s holistic development;
- To enhance awareness of the importance of early childhood development (ECD);
- To raise awareness of the rights of young children , especially in villages, pastoralists areas, prisons and those living with HIV/AIDS; and
- To achieve excellence in early childhood care at lower, primary and secondary education at national and International standards.
- To improve children’s learning by training competent and creative early childhood personnel at all levels;
- To Strengthen parental responsibility for care of infants, the young and aging;
- To design, develop and produce easy to read materials for young children, grounded in research and teaching experiences; and
- To train and establish Nursery Care Providers in rural areas, prisons, hospitals and so forth so as to improve the care, education, health for quality early childhood education development.